Find your Home Improvement Professional at a Home Show
It is that time of year again – time for the Connecticut Home & Remodeling Show.
Home shows offer a bonanza of fun and fabulous exhibits and features you can’t find anywhere else. They showcase information from top industry experts, hundreds of cutting edge ideas for your home and garden and offer an opportunity to save big dollars on almost any project. Whether you want to turn your master bath into a relaxation spa, your yard into additional living space, or learn more about energy efficiency, home shows provide all the tools to get it done.
If you have challenges with any of your living spaces, you will find solutions at the show. Home Shows offer hands-on exhibits relating to kitchens and baths, interior design, lawn and garden, pool and spa, all categories of building/remodeling products, and green products.
9 tips for choosing and maximizing your experience at the CT Home Show:
- Research the company producing the event – Not all shows are created equal. You can waste a lot of time and money at the wrong show. Many of the best home shows in the country are produced by the local Home Builders Associations. Their members (many whom exhibit) are the leaders in their industry.
- Spend time on the home show’s website – Everything from schedules of events, exhibitor lists, floor plans, show features and special offers will be available to you. Make sure to attend the show with the most industry experts and professionals;
- Create a list of exhibits you want to visit – Map them out on the floor plan, put on your most comfortable pair of shoes and hit the show floor running. Be prepared with a pen and notepad for the many new ideas and products you will see at the home show. Planning your visit will save you time and make your visit more efficient;
- Attend the event with a list of show related questions you need answered – The industries top experts will be available to answer these questions. Face to face contact is one of the show’s most valuable resources;
- The home show is a very competitive marketplace and can save homeowners big money – Many exhibitors will have exclusive show-only discounts, good for show visitors scheduling an appointment at the show or within a limited time following the show. This can be a huge money-saving opportunity available only at the show;
- Shows are much more than a place to shop for products and services – There are many memorable show experiences to be created by you and your family. Most shows have activities targeted to children. Your entire family can attend the show and go away saying they had an entertaining and worthwhile time. Whichever show you’re visiting, check the website for available activities.
- Most home shows have a show supplement/show directory available in the days prior to the show’s opening – Watch this newspaper for this valuable guide. The supplement will have details not available in show ads;
- Bring your actual project plans to the show – Exhibitors can provide input to refine your project. Take advantage of the show’s “One Stop Shopping”, putting everything you need under one roof;
- Most shows have demonstrations of cash and carry products – Many of these are products “As seen on TV”. The home show advantage is you can take the product with you and save shipping and handling charges sometimes costing as much as the product. You also get to see, touch and experience the product by watching the demonstration and learning how the product works.
If you’ve never visited a Home Show, you will be amazed at the experience you’ve missed all these years. Follow some of the suggestions in this article and your visit can be truly a lifestyle changing experience!